ABC LOL Childcare Center and Preschool is seeking a part-time field trip bus driver. Hours are typically 9:30am-3:30pm. We are looking for a responsible and reliable school bus driver to transport students to and from school following a scheduled route and ensuring their safety. To be successful as a school bus driver you should enjoy working with children and strictly observe passenger transport regulations. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of the bus when required.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Clean driving record.
- Working knowledge of first aid and CPR procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Remain current with VT required training
Nice To Haves
- Previous experience as a bus driver.
- Experience working with children preferred.
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Transportation/Logistics
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Saint Johnsbury, VT