The Floater supports the Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Substitute Teachers and the Administration Team by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of the school day. A Floater must be organized, excel in time management, enthusiastic, able to communicate in a positive manner, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents. Floaters are responsible for assisting in the implementation of developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teachers, Assistant Teachers and the Administration Team.
- Fill in for Teachers, Teacher Assistants & Substitute Teachers as needed.
- Maintain a clean, organized and well stocked staff work room.
- Prepare classroom materials/curriculum as directed by Teachers, Teacher Assistants & Administration Team.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with Administration Team on school materials needed.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition for students upon arrival & dismissal.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Ability to comfortably perform physical duties such as lifting children, kneeling, cleaning & climbing stairs.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Flexible & high energy.
- Escort students to and from bathroom breaks, help with toilet training, diaper changing, teacher breaks & playground supervision.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Cleaning responsibilities including vacuuming, bathroom maintenance, garbage, etc.
- Assist with snacks, lunches and nap mats as needed.
- Possess (or willingness to obtain) a current infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Prior experience in a child care setting.
- Hours 8:30-2:30
- Flexibility on days worked(2 day, 3 day, or 5 day options)
- Ability to work extra shifts for increase in pay in extended care or subbing
- Training bonus
- Employee discount for child care
At TLC, through play-based learning our teachers work to help children develop as a whole person; intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. We provide a loving, Christian environment where children can grow through praise and encouragement. We believe that each child has a natural curiosity and desire to learn. By making learning fun, we will develop a love for learning that children can take with them throughout their educational lives.
Salary : $12.25 to $13/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Knoxville, TN