We are seeking a Lead Daycare Teacher to join our team at the Roots Child Development Center. For 30 years the Roots Child Development Center has been nurturing infants, toddlers, and preschoolers in Colchester, VT. It is our mission to provide each child with a high quality, educational, play-based program that will foster their individual creativity and curiosity. We strive to create a safe and inclusive learning environment where everyone feels that their needs are valued and understood.
Roots is housed within the headquarters of Vermont Information Processing and is attended by the children of VIP employees, ranging in age from 6 weeks to 5 years. Full time employees of the daycare receive all of the same benefits as the rest of the company, making our total compensation package unmatched by other centers! VIP prioritizes a healthy work/life balance and is thoroughly invested in the health and well being of their employees.
- Develop age-appropriate lessons and activities that promote and support the building of social skills, practical capabilities and self-esteem.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to supervise, guide and encourage childrens' learning and development.
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure their safety at all times.
- Communicate with parents regularly on their child's day to day progress.
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- 1-2 years of childcare experience (preferably with children under age 5)
- Employment Authorization in the U.S.
- All full time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment background check.
Nice To Haves
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood or Human Development, Elementary Education or Child & Family Services is preferred, but a greater amount of work experience may be an acceptable substitution.
- Quality, affordable BlueCross BlueShield health insurance
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 6 paid holidays
- 4 paid floating holidays
- 6 weeks of paid maternity leave plus 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employer-funded retirement account
- Employer-funded health savings account
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Short & Long term disability coverage
- Vision & Dental expense reimbursement
- Paid Professional Development training hours
- On-site gym & heavily discounted membership to the Edge
- On-site cafe serving breakfast, lunch & snacks
- On-site health clinic for employees and their families
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Colchester, VT