The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
We are looking for potential childcare providers who have experience with children and know how to be patient with them. Must be physically able to interact with children for extended periods of time. Must be knowledgeable of how to supervise children at all times. We are needing currently needing full-time workers only.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Kingsport, TN