As the Research & Conference Content Director you will take ownership of creating original and compelling content for NCTC’s Winter Educational Conference, The Independent Show, and other regional events and webinars as assigned. In addition, you will develop compelling research studies and communications to members using industry studies or member data.
· This position will take ownership of certain projects, while providing support on others.
· Development of research studies to provide value to NCTC members
· Ability to take research data and information and work with communications and design team to effectively communicate to members
· Creation of two or more in depth research studies per year for the NCTC members
· Speaker research and acquisition, ensuring that the most relevant and exciting speakers are attending.
· Recruitment of speakers, including encouragement of reluctant members who may have a fear of public speaking.
· Secure keynote speakers, develop balanced panels and review case studies
· Manage call for speakers and review for content quality, and help drive relevant content
· Strategic development of content that aligns with NCTC’s core initiatives and appeals to attendees, exhibitors, customers, and press within our market.
· Demonstrate ability to create marketable session descriptions and agendas.
· Responsible for gaining a deep understanding of our attendee profiles and needs.
· Must follow cable, video and broadband industries closely. Keep up on industry news and social media accounts of various members, vendors, analysts and industry professionals.
· Apply knowledge of attendees needs and current industry trends and events to develop educational content that will attract new attendees and retain the existing audience.
· This is a social role requiring strong people skills. You will engage with industry professionals, professional speakers, members, sponsors, suppliers and other event attendees, and represent the best interests of our events when forming new partnerships with industry associations and organizations.
· Identify and evaluate competitive conferences
· Ability to influence others, including executive management and communicate the importance of deadlines and follow up.
· Drive to meet and exceed deadlines
· Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work collaboratively.
At NCTC, we're pioneering the future of the cable industry. Central to this aim are the people who work together to provide our membership solutions to solve challenges and get results. NCTC is a growth-oriented visionary that works with the best cable and broadband providers while partnering with suppliers and content providers who are laser focused on driving innovation in our industry.
Our work shapes the future of communications and supports more than 750 members who offer the technology that transforms the way people live and work. NCTC taps the strength of our member companies to navigate the changing landscape while creating new scale and efficiencies and industry leadership has never been more important. NCTC champions Americas independent cable and internet providers network innovators who create possibilities ignited by information, entertainment, and experiences. With a meeting of the minds culture, NCTC members succeed with scale, technology advantage, and shared expertise.
We are excited that you're here to join our team of innovators!
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Our well-rounded benefits package includes:
Generous paid time off (PTO) allowance
401(k) program with matching company contributions
Comprehensive health insurance coverage
Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Our industry is changing faster than ever before, and as it does, were creating new lines of business and figuring out innovative ways to help our member companies stay competitive. See your best ideas come to life!
We recognize that you are more than your job. That's why we invest in our team members with company-funded health savings accounts, tuition reimbursement, optional onsite fitness classes, financial wellness courses and community service projects.