Turn to Joy at the Annex is a new classroom space in Grand Isle. We are looking for a licensed teacher to provide a high-quality, engaging classroom experience for a group of 12 - 16 children. This position includes cooperative planning and teaming to develop classroom activities that are developmentally appropriate and encourage growth in all areas.
We believe in relationship building to form stronger connections for learning and social emotional growth and independence.
We offer a beautiful outdoor space and high-quality materials.
Applicants must hold a Vermont license, engage in professional development and maintain organized, records and files. Applicants must value the joy and delight in early learning and share in the excitement of growth and development.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening..
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Vermont license is required.
Nice To Haves
10 paid holidays. Paid sick time. Flexible schedule. Positive and caring work environment.
Childcare for employees if available.
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Grand Isle, VT