The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- The 4 Year Old Kindergarten (4K) Teacher provides a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourage their social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. The Teacher plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for enrolled children of all backgrounds. They ensure the provision of quality, comprehensive child development services including education, health, nutrition, parent involvement, and necessary family support services and referrals. The 4K Teacher will follow Youngstars, ECCERS, as well as the centers criteria. They also maintain positive relationships with parents, children and coworkers and community partners as well as provide supervision and performance feedback for reporting staff.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or Elementary Education that includes 18 credits specifically related to ECE.
- At least 1 year experience in an early care education setting; experience teaching preschool children means completion of supervised student teaching or experience as a preschool teacher in a licensed program or employment as a public school preschool teacher
- DPI certification in ECE or related DPI cert. or the ability to become DPI certified is required
- Experience working with low-income families
- Must have a valid Wisconsin’s Driver’s License, motor vehicle and adequate liability insurance as required by agency policy and state liability regulations
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others and be able to relate well to children, families, staff and community
- Demonstrate effective listening, oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with the agency’s mission
- Preferred bilingual, particularly Hmong and/or Spanish
- Must secure Registry certificate within 90 days of employment
Nice To Haves
- Team work skills are a huge must for us, we want to always do what is best for the center as a whole and what is best practiced for the children '
- Being able to follow through
- Not being afraid to learn, we pride ourselves on making every moment a teachable moment and growing from there!
- One PTO day per month - up to a 2 week vacation
- Continual training and education opportunities
- Teach Scholarships
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Holidays off and Paid
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching contribution
- Child Care Discounted Rate
- Monthly PD Training's through school district
At Teddy's Place Childcare we are not your typical center in the fact that all our classrooms are mixed ages! We have families and teachers from diverse and unique backgrounds! We have teachers that speak up to 11 different languages! We also pride ourselves with having teachers with longevity, some teachers have been here for over 16 years! Our philosophy is that we grow and teach as a center, we work as a team to solve problems and always make sure that we are doing what is best practiced for the children and the center as a whole! We continually offer training's so that way we are always the best we can be! Don't be afraid if you still need to learn certain philosophies or how we do things, it is just as much our job to teach you as it is your job to teach the children!
Salary: $15 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2 Yrs
Location: Sun Prairie, WI