This Teacher would work with the other Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the assistant teacher observes and documents childrens interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on childrens interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Must have prior experience in childcare (associates in Early Childhood would be preferable)
- Must earn or complete Introduction to Early Childcare Profession, Skills and Strategies for the Childcare Teacher, and Infant Toddler training 3 month from hire
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Paid Training/Education
- Retirement plan
- Paid Staff meeting
- Childcare discount.
We believe children engaged in active learning and play build a personal knowledge of the world around them through action, engagement and reflection. We believe that children make meaning of these experiences through interactions with teachers, parents, the community and each other.
Salary: $10 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Brookfield, WI