Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) is a non-profit resource and referral agency located in Louisville, KY that provides a comprehensive approach to coordinating child care services in the local community. For over 50 years, 4-C has supported and enhanced the child care industry and continues its tradition of supporting families by coordinating a vision of a high-quality early childhood care system available to all children and families.
Our agency is currently looking for a Family Child Care Specialist to join our team. The Family Child Care Specialist will work with the Family Child Care Network of Kentucky to recruit and support family child care providers in Jefferson County to combat the decline in supply of family child care homes in recent years.
1. Identifying, contacting, and recruiting new family child care home providers to build the supply of family child care options for families in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
2. Working with community partners to develop recruitment strategies and maximize collaborative recruitment efforts.
3. Visiting providers in their home (place of business) to offer one-on-one support. The support offered will vary from home to home and all technical assistance and goal setting should be individualized for each provider. Support services include, but are not limited to: getting started consultations, health/safety, educational support including curriculum planning, learning environment, family engagement planning and business and record-keeping practices. Assistance shall be delivered through on-site visits when possible but can also be delivered virtually through video conferencing, email, phone, or text.
4. Coordinating and implementing travel as necessary. Travel will include, but is not limited to, travel within the region to potential and established FCC homes, travel within the state for state meetings and collaborative events, and travel to national conferences or events.
5. Linking providers to community resources and supports.
6. Designing, implementing, and facilitating training sessions with family child care providers, offering opportunities for providers to improve their quality of care through professional development.
7. Facilitating a family child care community of practice for the created network of new and potential family child care providers to focus on business strategies and other professional development topics.
8. Setting up systems to identify, contact, and recruit individuals, such as unregulated providers or other interested persons to become regulated in-home providers. Assessing barriers to becoming a quality family child care home, providing available resources and connecting with community partners.
9. Connecting FCC providers with state programs and agencies that support their businesses including the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and the Child Care and Adult Food Program (CACFP).
10. Responding in a timely manner to provider/potential provider inquiries or requests over email, phone, or onsite.
11. Organizing, attending, and/or participating in meetings, events, or other identified activities that may occur in evenings or weekend events.
12. Keeping detailed records of all interactions with providers.
13. Maintaining detailed records on recruitment efforts of family child care providers, including outreach to Kinship Care and Fictive Kin providers.
14. Keeping detailed records on workshop development, training sessions, and training calendars.
15. Collaborating with FCCN-KY and Child Care Aware staff across regions.
16. Determining supplies needed for curriculum and program start up.
17. Building family child care business practices through Strengthening Business Practices for Child Care Programs, the 4-C shared services platform, and supporting the installation and use of a child care management system.
18. Providing opportunities to connect network providers to tax accountants and other professional services to support their business needs.
19. Coordinating purchasing and implementation of program supplies.
20. Writing and submitting reports in a timely fashion as required.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, child development, or related field.
Previous experience teaching in an early childhood setting; experience with supervision, management or coaching is preferred.
Previous experience working in the early care and education field; working in or with Family Child Care is preferred.
Must hold a KY Trainer Credential or be willing to earn one as quickly as possible upon hire.
Local travel is required for this position. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
1. Previous experience teaching in an early childhood setting; experience with supervision, management or coaching preferred.
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
3. Knowledge of infant/toddler health and safety licensing requirements
4. Skills in collaboration and community partnerships
5. Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
7. Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation
8. Must be honest, dependable and able to meet strict deadlines
9. Self-motivated and able to work independently
The continued success of our organization depends on the recruitment, selection and retention of the most qualified and professional staff. We need individuals who are committed to providing the highest quality service to our clients, to each other, and to the community.
Community Coordinated Child Care offers competitive salaries and benefits that include:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Community Coordinated Child Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.