WHO WE ARE: Falls Church McLean Children's Center is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit and NAEYC accredited organization that provides a comprehensive, high-quality early childhood program designed to give all children, regardless of their family's resources, a strong foundation on which to build the rest of their lives.
POSITION PROFILE: The Falls Church-McLean Children's Center is seeking an experienced, engaged, and enthusiastic Development Director to join our team. The ideal candidate is a positive, innovative, approachable, and forward-thinking individual. This position will oversee grant writing, fundraising, and all activities that identify, secure, nurture, and engage government, foundations, corporate and individual donors of FCMLCC.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Credentials will be reviewed as they are received.
- Report monthly to the Executive Director, Development Committee Chair, and the board through monthly reports.
- Develop and execute the annual development plan.
- Craft and implement annual and multi-year fundraising and communications strategies in line with organizational goals.
- Research and write government, foundation, and corporation grant proposals overseeing every aspect of the grant cycle-from maintaining the grants calendar to monitoring the application process, and tracking various deadlines.
- Develop digital marketing.
- Identify, research, and pursue prospective funding opportunities.
- Devise and implement plans for community and corporate outreach and special events.
- Oversee fundraising database (NEON) and tracking systems. Maintain gift entry and donor acknowledgment process.
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors and identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors.
- Review budget proposals with the Executive Director.
- Engage all members of the Board of Directors, creating an environment of leadership supporters and advocates who will deepen their relationship with FCMLCC, and engage their personal networks to build the donor base to FCMLCC.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- This position requires enthusiasm and a passionate desire to support FCMLCC's mission.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in a school atmosphere
- Proven track record as an independent and goal-oriented team member
- Provide a high level of customer service to all employees, students, parents, visitors, alumni, and friends of Falls Church-McLean Children's Center.
- Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 4 years of experience in development with an understanding of nonprofit fundraising, grant writing, and administrative processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to proofread and draft high-quality narratives.
- Excellent organizational and management skills, excel at setting and managing deadlines and dedicated to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Being comfortable using computers, social media, and digital marketing.
- Experience with Donor/Customer Relationship Management software (NEON) preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain strong relationships with a diverse group of staff, funders, and prospects.
- Ability to perform some light physical work.
Nice To Haves
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Outstanding leadership, networking, and motivational skills.
- 401K matching
- Generous Sick and Annual leave
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Marketing/Advertising/PR
Minimum Experience : 4 Yrs
Location : Falls Church, VA