Assistant Teachers at Hillsboro Christian Preschool are an important part of a ministry team committed to sharing the love of Christ with the children, their families, and the preschool staff; carrying out the mission and purpose of Hillsboro Christian Preschool; and assisting in curriculum development and educational programming in the classroom.
- Provide a safe learning environment and a Christian atmosphere that allows for the development of each child's intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional, and social needs.
- Care for each child and understand family dynamics affecting the learning environment; partner with the lead teacher and each child's parents or guardians in education; assist the lead teacher to interface between the child's family and the preschool.
- Support the lead teacher in using age-appropriate, Christian-based, scripturally sound curriculum to provide lessons and activities that address the developmental requirements of each child and will help prepare him or her for school.
- Support the lead teacher in presenting a Bible story daily and a memory verse monthly.
- Support the lead teacher in changing classroom books and toys weekly to encourage a variety of learning opportunities in connection with the weekly theme.
- Support the lead teacher in creating a monthly calendar.
- Support the lead teacher in maximizing team teaching; be prepared to take over in the absence of the lead teacher.
- Carry out Hillsboro Christian Preschool policies and comply with VDSS/VDOE guidelines for Religious Exempt Child Day Centers.
- Actively pursue continuing education and personal development.
- Has a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Is an active member of a local Christian church.
- Has read and adheres to the beliefs of Hillsboro Baptist Church, as outlined in the Baptist Faith and Message
- Be a continuing student of the Bible and be able to assist in the creation of scripturally sound lessons for the students.
- Has completed a child development degree or certificate, a bachelor's degree in a related field, OR has extensive relevant experience.
- Must be found "Eligible for Employment" prior to employment by fingerprint and analysis results obtained from the Virginia State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation pursuant to 63.2-1720.1 of the Code of Virginia. Must also be found "No Match" prior to employment by a search of the sex offender registry to determine if potential employee is registered as a convicted sex offender.
- Shall be physically, medically, mentally, and occupationally capable of fulfilling the duties listed above.
Nice To Haves
Paid time off
Adheres to Albemarle County Public Schools calendar for major holidays
Salary : $8,600 to $8,600/Yr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Crozet, VA