Perform physical duties related to receiving inventory and order fulfillment. Strive to maintain accurate inventory locations, clean and orderly warehouse inventory, and precise fulfillment rates. Reports to warehouse manager.
- Participate in the receiving and fulfillment of all inventory
- Maintain stock in appropriate locations while rotating stock
- Ensure logical placement, neat arrangement, and cleanliness of merchandise
- Perform routine physical duties; including not limited to, loading of trucks, maintenance of grounds, custodial work, and directed movement of inventory
- Lead, guide, and train new staff in performing related work; as appropriate to the area of operation
- Maintain obedience to supervisor in newly assigned task(s)
- Pull any defective merchandise & follow procedure for removal
- Update labels in warehouse as directed
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail and commitment to healthy work environment
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds without assistance
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, push, and/or pull in repetitive motions
- Ability to tolerate low and high temperature work environment
Nice To Haves
- Forklift experience
- Clean MVR
- Miller Hardware Company offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), & paid time off
- Miller Hardware Company is an equal opportunity employer & drug free workplace
Miller Hardware Company has been serving the people and communities of South Georgia and North Florida since 1908. Miller Hardware Company has evolved into one of the largest independent hardware companies in South Georgia.
As a fourth generation family business, Miller Hardware Company continues to carry forward its reputable customer service through three distinct divisions.
Our Purpose - be a preferred place to work, a reliable place to shop, an example within our community.
Our Mission - to provide our employees with an honest and respectful working environment, where every individual can dedicate themselves to providing our customers with exceptional service.
Salary : $10.50 to $12.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Construction/Facilities
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Valdosta, GA