Cuddlebugs Child Development Center is looking to add a School Age lead teacher to our family of highly qualified staff. If you enjoy working with children and want to inspire children to be lifelong learners, apply today! Through our play based curriculum, our affectionate and loving staff ensures that our children develop the emotional, physical, and social skills needed to help them grow intellectually.
This position is currently parttime, but will be fulltime beginning in June 2022
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop and maintain implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home and school to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
- Experience leading a classroom and creating educational lesson plans
- The ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- A basic understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- Coursework or a degree in early childhood education or child development or a CDA preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- CDL class A or B with air brakes and either a Passenger or School Bus endorsement on your drivers license
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Warsaw, VA