At Right Start our mission is to help all children grow and develop academically, socially, and physically. Our students' wings already exist we are here to help them fly.
- Assists in all matters of day-to-day operations
- Works as liaison between staff and the Program Director .
- Handles paperwork functions in the center (staff files, student files, etc.).
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with other teachers, the center director, and staff of Right Start Early Childhood Center.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order; utilizes disciplinary measures appropriately as outlined in the Right Start Early Childhood Center Discipline Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts staff and parent meetings.
- Assist the Program Director in the hiring, monitoring, evaluating, supporting, coaching and disciplining of the staff.
- Collects tuition, enroll children, maintain receipts and records.
- Handles inquiries and center tours according to policy.
- Implements best practices and developmentally appropriate practice methods.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as VA Licensing regulations.
- Maintains a professional self-image and project the values of the organization.
- Performs classroom observations and provides teachers with meaningful feedback.
- Order needed supplies and shop for necessary materials.
- Monitors documentation of screenings, assessments, attendance, daily health checklist, daily activity logs for parents, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary for proving quality services.
- Assists parents by teaching and modeling developmentally appropriate practices they can use in caring for their young children.
- Attends all training opportunities and staff meetings as provided and scheduled.
- Performs any other tasks deemed necessary by the center director.
- Meets monthly with the director to plan and implement ideas and practices for the center.
- Encourages each child's family to be actively involved in every Right Start Early Childhood program and activity.
- 21 years of age or older
- A one-year Early Childhood Certificate from a college or university
- Virginia Preservice Training
- First Aid / CPR
- Food Handler's Card
- TB Screening
- Background Screening
- 2 years of programmatic experience including one year in a staff supervisory capacity and at least one of the following education backgrounds.
Nice To Haves
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Chesapeake, VA