Peake Childhood Center (formally Downtown Hampton Child Development Center) is hiring for a full-time, salaried teacher's assistant! This assistant will float between all classrooms to provide coverage as needed. Perfect for professionals looking to gain more experience in the field of early childhood education.
We are a private non-profit serving children ages 6 weeks to Pre-Kindergarten.
This teacher will work as a member of the teaching staff whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following in the teacher's absence :
- Assisting in planning and implementation of the daily program under direction of the teacher
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of the learning environment, including learning centers and daily activities
- Assist as primary supervisor of the classroom when the teacher is away or absent
- Helping with the general housekeeping of the room and the common areas
- Assisting children with hand-washing and toileting
- Assisting with nap time procedures and comforting of restless children
- Supervising children on the playground
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Assuming other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Some experience in early childhood education
- 18 years old
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Available to work Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Knowledge of NAEYC standards highly desired.
Experience in child development desired.
Full Job Description will provided at time of interview.
Nice To Haves
-CDA or degree in any field
-At least 6 months in childcare
- Competitive pay
- Paid Christmas vacation (2 weeks)
- 1 week paid summer vacation
- Accrued sick and annual leave time
- Paid time off - Federal holidays
- Paid professional development (including CDA enrollment)
- Participation in state ECE teacher recognition program which awarded teachers a total of $2000 in the 2021/22 school year
- No nights or weekends means work/life balance
Our mission is to "nurture young children by providing affordable, quality preschool programs that develop the 'whole child' and foster school readiness."
Salary : $21,450 to $22,000/Yr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Hampton, VA