Are you an energetic, hardworking educator looking for a rewarding career in helping to shape the minds of children? Tuckaway is a locally owned child care center who prides ourselves on being a home away from home. We are currently seeking a Full Time Lead Teacher to help foster the learning of the whole child!
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING
- Strong knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children
- Assessment of each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Implementation of lesson plans and daily classroom schedule through the use of Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Provision of an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children
- Accepts responsibility for light housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds
- Maintains professional attitude and work behavior * Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Observes all rules and regulations of our program and the minimum standards set by the Virginia Department of Social Services pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- At least 6 months previous teaching experience with a quality preschool, child care center, or public or private school system is preferred.
- Certifications or degree related to early childhood or preschool or elementary education is also desirable.
- First Aid and CPR or willing to obtain within 90 days
- Department of Social Services 10 hour training called "Virginia Health and Safety Pre Service Training for Child Care Staff" this is a free training
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education (Preferred)
Nice To Haves
- Team player
- Open to learning
- Willing to collaborate with other staff
- Positive mindset
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Child Care benefits
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
Salary : $10 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Richmond, VA