Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to children.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Organize and label materials and display students' work in a manner appropriate for their ages and perceptual skills.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of preschool programs.
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform duties, such as hall and cafeteria monitoring.
- Set up classroom materials or equipment.
- Provide for basic needs of children.
- Teach life skills.
- Establish rules or policies governing student behavior.
- Read to students.
- Plan educational activities.
- Monitor student performance.
- Monitor student behavior, social development, or health.
- Evaluate student work.
Nice To Haves
Salary : $11 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Fredericksburg, VA