The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education.
S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment.
Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents,
Teacher Assistants are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
Kids World is a family-owned and operated Montessori program for children 4months to 5 years.
Are you passionate? Love to learn? Do you want to be part of a community and grow your career? Join our family!
In this role, you will assist lead teachers in their authentic Montessori classrooms. Through your efforts and partnership, you will be able to learn about Montessori philosophy.
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Love to learn
- a bachelor's degree (Early Childhood Education preferred) or CDA (ideally)
- Have experience with children 4month - 6 years,
- worked in a daycare, aftercare, or nursery
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Assist must be a team player and proactive
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to the child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of child care experience.
- High energy.
- Team player and proactive
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass a health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Dual language (Spanish)
- Montessori assistant certification
- 3+ years of classroom experience
- Paid Federal Holidays
- pay time off
- educational sponsorship
- growth opportunities
A bilingual English and Spanish Montessori program where children 4 months-5 years of age develop a love of learning.
"We shall walk together on this path of life, for all things are part of the universe and are connected with each other to form one whole unity."- Dr. Maria Montessori
Salary : $16 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Falls Church, VA