The Education Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
This position reports to the Program Director.
- Promote implementation of early learning standards and guide staff in recognizing progress/variables in children's development
- Increase teacher knowledge by acting as a content area expert and providing support and resources
- Ensure that all staff interact and communicate respectfully with children
- Evaluate classroom curriculum and environments, develop action plans with the instructional team, and monitor progress toward program goals
Observation, Assessment, & Documentation
- Perform classroom observations and provide clear and meaningful feedback to lead and associate teachers
- Use coaching strategies to support teachers' achievement of goals (e.g., co-planning, modeling, co-teaching, side-by-side coaching, and observing)
- Consistently analyze teacher practice through ongoing classroom observations and examination of student work
- Oversee the process of screening, interviewing, and hiring teachers in collaboration with leadership team
- Collaborate with the leadership team to provide staff orientation and training
- Work as the liaison between teachers and the Program Director
- Serve as a role model for the team by fulfilling classroom and center responsibilities as needed (e.g., kitchen, diapering, substituting)
- Implement programs to achieve staff retention
- Positively project the center's goals, philosophies, and policies to parents/guardians, staff, and the community
- At least 3-5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must clear full background check
- Must pass health screening
Nice To Haves
- High energy and flexibility to adapt to the needs of a new and growing center
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of child development
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Spanish (preferred)
- Reduced fee for childcare services
- Professional development stipend
- Paid time off
- Cell phone stipend
- Referral and retention bonuses
Lotus Learning Center is a new family-owned and operated early childhood program that will open in the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area this fall!
At Lotus, we nourish children's creativity and promote their holistic development. Our emergent curriculum emphasizes play-based and project-based learning that aligns with children's unique interests.
Salary : $40,000 to $45,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Nashville, TN