LOOKING TO HAVE THIS POSITION FILLED BY EARLY JULY.
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Center Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all children within the center's care. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Assistant Director collaborates with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered, and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in all matters of day-to-day operations.
- Work as liaison between support staff and the Director.
- Handle paperwork functions in the center (e.g., roll call sheets, health appraisals, staff files, memos).
- Facilitate and attend occasional parent participate events and other events at night and/or on weekends (approximately 1 time per month).
- Conduct staff and parent meetings (staff meetings are to be held monthly).
- Assist the Director in the hiring, monitoring, evaluating, supporting, coaching, and disciplining of the staff.
- In the absence of the Director, he/she can discipline the staff if they are breaking any center policies- Must follow discipline policy in employee handbook.
- Can send staff home if the numbers are low in the absence of the Director.
- Are not allowed to approve time off request unless the Director is out in the event of illness, leave or vacation.
- Collect tuition, enroll children, maintain a set budget, and keep receipts and records.
- Handle inquiries and center tours according to policy. Convert inquires to tours and tours to enrollments.
- Implement best practices and developmentally appropriate practice methods.
- Follow all corporate policies and procedures as well as state of Virginia licensing regulations.
- Always maintain a professional self-image and project the Mission, Vision and values of the organization.
- Substitute for the Director in the event of illness, leave or vacation.
- Perform classroom observations and provide teachers/caregivers with meaningful feedback.
- Supply ordering and shopping.
- 3-5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Be available as early as 6:00am and as late as 6:00pm.
- Be customer service orientated and self-driven.
- Possess a strong work ethic and have minimal absences.
- Be a professional, positive role model for all employees, children, and parents.
- Interact with parents daily and speak with them about their child(ren).
- Drive center vehicle(s)/transport children when necessary.
- Assist in classrooms, when necessary.
- Assist with meal preparations, when necessary.
- Be comfortable with computers and learning new software.
- Provide general support to the Director.
- Assist with minor maintenance duties to help ensure the efficient operation of a quality childcare program.
What We Offer:
Your health and safety is our top concern. We have implemented stringent COVID-19 health and safety procedures, including the following: