Staff at Wave Children's Learning Center create a caring and safe environment for the children and plan activities to improve the overall care and quality of education.
Wave Children's Learning Center has been proudly serving the Great Neck community since 2004; we enroll students from 8 weeks to fifth grade. WCLC would love for you to join our team and make an impact in these families' lives!
Our teachers are responsible for implementing a quality educational program and developing positive relationships with the children, their parents, and teacher assistants:
- Teachers must be able to communicate, listen, and work well with others in a team environment.
- Leads are responsible for lesson planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on the children's interests and needs.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communication with parents.
- Observe and assess the children and document their progress and relay that information back to the parents.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Must have a consistent Monday-Friday availability. Hours of operation are 7:00am - 6:00pm.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have fulfilled a high school program completion or the equivalent.
- Have a desire to work with young children. We are a drug-free working environment.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- High energy.
- Must clear a full background check and pass a health screening.
- Must be able to lift and/or move a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Obtained either an Early Childhood certificate from a college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours; or have a minimum of 6 months childcare experience.
Nice To Haves
- CPR Certification
- MAT Certification
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fun work environment
- Employees are eligible for 50% off childcare after 60 days.
- WCLC invests heavily in their employees and love to help those who wish to grow with our company; we love to promote from within!
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays off
- CPR & First Aid training and certification provided
- Health and Dental Insurance (Full-Time)
- Health Savings Account (Full-Time)
- Retirement Plan (Full-Time)
- No weekend work!
Our staff provides the highest quality childcare and educational service that promote a safe, nurturing, and developmentally age-appropriate program environment that encourages the development of the whole child by means of:
- Individual care and concern for each child
- Positive peer interaction
- Child-initiated, play-oriented teacher instruction
- Creative experiences in science, art, practical life, language arts, math, music, small and large motor skills, culture and geography
- Caring, passionate, attentive staff
Salary : $11.30 to $12.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Virginia Beach, VA