The Waitsfield Children's Center (WCC) is hiring! Nestled between a working farm and forests, we are active explorers who love to spend time learning and playing outside. We serve infants through preschool aged children on a year round basis. In a small home-like environment, WCC offers personalized care to our youngest population. We achieve this by operating as a small center caring for 18 children daily within three classrooms.
We are seeking a fun-loving, energetic Teacher Associate to become part of our team working in our Maples classroom. As a Teacher Associate, you should enjoy working in a team setting, singing songs, organizing art projects and fun activities, as well as implementing a hands-on and outdoor curriculum into the daily rhythm of the classroom year round. This multi age classroom follows a 1:5 teacher to child ratio for children ages 2-5 years of age.
We encourage candidates who are interested in overseeing the development of our nature-based curriculum and expanding our outdoor classrooms and gardens. There is also the opportunity to become Assistant Director. WCC is looking for a self-motivated individual to join in leading the center. The ideal candidate will take this opportunity to incorporate his or her own love of nature, play, music and movement into the culture of the center and the daily rhythm of the classrooms. Exact responsibilities will depend on the interests and experience of the candidate. Experience working with young children is required, but WCC is happy to help the right candidate acquire the necessary qualifications.
- Provide care, protection and education of children
- Work cooperatively with other staff members and parents
- Help plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Support the social and emotional development of each child and provide consistent and positive guidance Research, apply and secure grant funding to support this vision.
- Build relationships with local farmers and neighbors to foster these goals.
- Create a fun, educational and experiential Farm/Garden program for the children of WCC, that not only meets the goals stated above but complies with all State guidelines.
At least 20 years of age, a high school graduate or equivalent and meets one of the following qualifications OR willing to obtain one of the following qualifications:
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three; or
- Has at least an associate degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve months experience working with groups of children in grade three or younger; or
- At least a Certificate of Completion for the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program; or
- At least a Child Care Certificate from the Community College of Vermont and at least twelve months experience working with groups of children from grade three or younger; or
- At least successful completion of twenty-one college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve months experience working with children from grade three or younger
Nice To Haves
- Competitive pay DOE, and level of education
- Paid Covid Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid breaks
- Two weeks paid off during the HUUSD winter holiday break and the April break
- Week of Fourth of July off
- Tuition and Professional Development reimbursement
- Childcare discounts of 50% for full time employees, space permitting
Salary : $38,000 to $42,500/Yr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Waitsfield , VT