Champlain Islands Parent Child Center is hiring! Our NAEYC accredited, 5 STAR, non-profit, early care and education program is seeking a full-time infant teacher and part time substitutes to join our team!
Qualified candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, and flexible, with a sense of humor and love for children. Duties to include: create a safe and nurturing environment that meets the individual needs of children, be flexible and able to work with children ages 3-5 years old, written and verbal communication with families, planning and implementing an emergent curriculum, and most importantly getting down on the child's level.
Candidates must have at least a Child Development Associate (CDA) and have experience working with preschoolers in an early care and education environment. The ideal candidate will be qualified as a Teacher Associate per regulations for CBCCPP.
CIPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Generous benefits package offered.
CIPCC is located just 25 minutes from Burlington! A beautiful center nestled in the country with apple orchards all around and a petting farm across the street!
- Plan an emergent, play based curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and based upon observation and assessment of each child's individual needs.
- Greet children and parents at drop off and pick up and engage with parents and family members; be responsive to their needs, provide customer service and build trust.
- Maintain a schedule that incorporates a balance of indoor/outdoor, quiet/active, individual group and child initiated/staff initiated activities.
- Create a natural, home like environment using materials from nature, and have plant life and living creatures available for children to enjoy.
- Arrange the environment in a meaningful way to reflect the needs, interests and learning styles of the children, which mean changing the environment regularly.
- Have evidence of children's learning around the room; artwork and pictures of the children, most at the child's eye level.
- Be actively engaged with children, participate and model play and respectful interactions.
- Seek assistance and support when necessary and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate ratios and supervision at all times and insure that the indoor and outdoor environment is safe for children.
- Use positive guidance techniques with children.
- Demonstrate respect, acceptance and comfort to all children and provide nurturing basic care needs of the child including; diapering, toileting, feeding, dressing and resting.
- Foster developmentally appropriate independence among children.
- Work with all CIPCC collaborators (EEE consultants, speech therapists, occupational therapists, etc) to design and implement specific programs for children with special needs.
- Seek out opportunities to share and receive input and feedback from other staff regarding curriculum, environment and overall best practice to support the programs mission.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and be a supportive and contributing member of the team.
- Approach issues and conflict in a fair, equitable, and diplomatic manner through teamwork and collaborative efforts.
- Support teamwork and communication daily with all adults in the room and be viewed as a team player.
- Must have experience working with children
- Associates degree in Early Childhood education or higher, preferred
Nice To Haves
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : South Hero, VT