About Let’s Grow Kids
Let’s Grow Kids is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure affordable access to high-quality child care for all Vermont families by 2025.
To accomplish this goal, Lets Grow Kids combines child care quality improvement and capacity building with public awareness of, and political will-building for, affordable access to high-quality child care. We nurture partnerships and support community-informed collaborations. We believe philanthropy can catalyze a movement and leverage public investment to address this large-scale social challenge, and we have effectively employed these strategies at the local level community-by-community to achieve statewide results. Our vision is that Vermont is the best place to be a child, to raise a family, to make a living and to build community, because Vermont invests in its kids.
Our culture is dynamic, fast-paced and driven by these core values:
Role of the Data and IT Specialist
Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) seeks a motivated, customer-focused and detail-oriented individual to maintain its databases and ensure information technology support needs are met.
This position will report to the Director of Operations and Evaluation as part of the Operations and Evaluation team, which provides support and integration services across the organization.
The position responsibilities include:
· Investigates and utilizes industry best practices and implements processes to ensure data is tracked and maintained across LGK (includes, but not limited to, database, accounting and file management systems).
· Creates and runs reports for leadership and others, as requested to support data-driven decision making.
· Communicates with and trains LGK staff to ensure data, accounting and file management systems and procedures and IT systems and procedures are understood and followed.
· Supports teams to use data and IT systems to meet their needs.
· Identifies opportunities for efficiency and quality improvement through systems.
· Ensures hardware and software support needs are met across organization and manages IT budget.
· Maintains relationship with hardware and software vendors and contractors.
· Orders IT software, equipment and supplies when needed.
· Provides basic hardware and software helpdesk support and elevates to additional support resources when needed.
· Orients new staff to database, accounting, hardware and software systems.
· Identifies trends and brings to attention of Operations and Evaluation team to address.
· Supports and trains remote staff in effective use of database, file management, communications, accounting and other IT systems.
· Performs data entry, as needed, to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
· Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Serves as a back-up for Operations and Evaluations team during vacations and absences.
Additional duties, as assigned.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
· 3 plus years’ experience as database coordinator, IT support or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
· Self-motivated, and able to take initiative and work independently.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with staff and vendors.
· Demonstrated ability to take direction from multiple people and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Proven computer skills a must, preferably including database management.
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage work with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
This full-time, 40 hr/week position is based in our Burlington, VT office and requires:
· Limited travel, primarily within the state
· Limited night and weekend work
· Ability to periodically lift up to 40 pounds with or without accommodation
Salary range is expected to be $50,000-$58,000 plus a competitive benefits package that includes paid family leave and contribution to child care costs.