The Child Development Center at Timberlake United Methodist Church has an immediate opening for a Bus Driver with a valid CDL license to drive a 36 passenger bus for the After School Care Program and Summer Camp. This part-time position will be responsible for transporting children from New London Academy Elementary School, from 2:00pm - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday when Bedford County Schools are open. Summer Camp driving for weekly fieldtrips around the Lynchburg area.
- Transport students to and from school in a safe manner.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and children at Timberlake CDC.
- Inspect bus prior to and after each route or activity trip and file inspection forms with the Lead Director.
- Maintain bus in clean condition and inform the Lead Director of any routine maintenance or repairs required.
- Obey traffic laws, safety procedures, and transit regulations.
Bus Driver skills
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- CDL license with Passenger Endorsement required
- 1+ years' experience driving a school or other passenger bus
- No at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years
- Clean driving record (no traffic citations in last 5 years)
- Ability to carry out assigned route on time
- Excellent communication skills
- 1+ years' working with children preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Nice To Haves
Salary : $15 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Transportation/Logistics
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Lynchburg, VA