The Center Director is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education, for all children within the center's care. The Center Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning. The Center Director ensures that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately. The Director will be responsible consistently delivering an exceptional parent/child experience. Position assumes the responsibility of and oversees operations and education functions of the center.
- Works with ownership to recruit, identify, and hire the best candidates. Maintains a fully staffed center through succession planning and timely hiring. Prepares, posts, and modifies as needed weekly staffing schedule.
- Maintains family/child records are up to date for shots/vaccines, allergy info, family info, etc.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all State licensing authorities, approved vendors and community contacts. Meets with licensing specialists during inspections and reports to the management on a timely basis. Coordinates periodic inspection of systems (i.e., fire alarm) and conducts regular drills and emergency preparedness exercises as required.
- Oversees the physical condition and coordinates daily cleaning of the building and contents; report to owner and request repair work as needed
- Responsible to learn and understand how to operate the ProCare software suite. (Training is available)
- Responds and follows up on all waitlist and enrollment inquiries. Gives prospective customers tours of the facility and detailed information about Center philosophy, mission, core values, programs, and procedures. Evaluates reasons for dis-enrollments and addresses problem areas which contribute to student turnover
- Ensures that the Center curriculum is presented as intended; ensuring that teachers can speak to The Creative Curriculum and what children are learning. Teachers should not have to prepare curriculum outside working hours, but the director will aide in having lessons properly supplied at least a week in advanced so teachers are ready to go when they arrive at the start of the week.
- Run and administrate after-school program and summer camp.
- Performs regular observations of classrooms to provide feedback, training , and direction that ensures the curriculum, enrichment and other activities are being utilized as expected and learning is accomplished
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or a related education field
- A minimum of two years' experience as a center director
- Knowledge and experience working with early childhood National and State accrediting agencies
- Knowledge of the early childhood field and developmentally appropriate practices; thorough understanding of child development in early childhood education setting
- Previous experience in and/or knowledge of training, coaching or mentoring mechanisms
- Ability to work well independently and with others (staff, children, and parents) to foster a team environment.
- Exemplary commitment to customer service
- Strong oral and written communications skills; technology skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must clear full background check
- Must pass health screening
Nice To Haves
Salary : $35,000 to $50,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 4 Yrs
Location : Knoxville, TN