The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Previous child care experience
- Competitive Salary - Based on Education and Experience
- Paid Holidays
- Childcare Discount
- Paid Professional Development and Continuing Education
- Health Insurance
- 401K with matching
Kiddie Academy of Ashburn is a child care and daycare in Ashburn, VA offering early childhood education for every age and learning style. Our overarching Life Essentials philosophy, community-based care and commitment to health and safety gives your preschooler the physical, emotional, technological and cognitive foundation they need to thrive in school and in life.
Kiddie Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key words: Childcare, Preschool, Daycare, Day Care, Academy, Children, Infant, Kids, Curriculum, Learning Center, Teacher, Assistant Teacher, Classroom, Pre-K, Kindergarten, Education, School, Infant, Toddlers, baby, nursery, nanny, classroom, education, child care, Early Childhood, educator
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Ashburn, VA