Happyland Day Care Center is an Early Childhood Education Center currently seeking qualified PT and FT Teacher Assistants with some early childhood experience. We are looking for dedicated and creative people to join our team. We are searching for mature, loving, capable individuals to work with and provide care for our children.
The position requires Monday through Friday availability. Our hours of operation are 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for enriching the lives of children.
Must have good communication and organization skills to work with parents, children, and staff.
The Teacher Assistant must:
- Support and assist the teacher by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children.
- Be able to communicate, listen, and work well with others in a team environment.
- Be committed to creating meaningful relationships with the children, families, and team members.
- Assist the Teacher with supervising, educating, and supporting the children.
- Assist the Teacher with maintaining a positive and energetic atmosphere.
- Maintain communication with parents.
- Assist in teaching appropriate behaviors and social skills.
- Encourage and demonstrate good hygiene and safety standards.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Some experience in professional child care.
- Ability to work well with children and team members.
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR and First Aid (Preferred but not required)
- Must follow all health and safety protocols.
Nice To Haves
Wage is flexible based on experience and performance.
Happyland Day Care Center is a safe and nurturing learning environment. We have been serving children ages 2 1/2- 10 years old for over 30 years. Happyland Day Care offers preschool and before and after school services.
Operational Days and Hours are:
Monday - Friday
6:00 am until 6:00 pm
Salary : $11.50 to $13/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Chesapeake, VA