Early Steps Bilingual Preschool
is seeking bilingual- Spanish/English
Our Springfield location is growing and seeking more bilingual teachers to work with Preschool age children - home grown here since they were 2 years old in an immersion program. These children are an ideal group for any teacher of all levels of experience but we want the right fit. Are you the ideal candidate? Submit your resume for consideration.
Would you also like to join a great Pre School Team in a brand new school? We are seeking new team members for our new school opening this September in Alexandria but all it starts here in Springfield or Arlington, our flagship school is were it all begins!
Finally a job opportunity to truly teach and enjoy multicultural families in one of the best areas of Washington DC/ NoVA! We are located in Arlington, Springfield and Vienna just blocks away, from the metro link systems and easy commuting. We have a proud reputation and are searching for the best.
If you have your degree, associates in early education or CDA and you are bilingual (Spanish/English) please reply with your resume. For immediate consideration as an assistant teacher and you have the following requisites: 420 hours volunteer or CDA, First Aid/CPR certified, Minimum of 90 hours in Education and 9 hours in Communication additional, please send in your resume.
1. Responsible for setting teaching environments, upkeep of equipment, maintain classroom supply and mentor/train Assistant teachers
2. Maintaining child portfolios, conferences, assessments, daily communications with families, staff evaluations or corrective actions
3. Attend training seminars and conferences to maintain their knowledge of child care advances and acquiring a minimum of 30 training hours per year and continued CDA certifications -ECU's
4. Effectively communicating with families and staff both oral and written communications.
5. Monthly lesson planning using Learning Through Play Curriculum, Individualized planning and Enrichments
6. Documentation of all accident and incidents, Daily Health, Behavior Logs
7. Twice yearly one on one-teacher conferences, monthly/weekly meetings or as requested by parent and annual performance of team staff
8. Maintaining all licensing requirements within the classroom, on the playground and on field trips.
9. Maintain/Mentor- Positive Discipline Policy, Emotional Intelligence, Bilingual Spanish/English Language Arts and the Arts (Music/Dramatic Play and Creative Arts).
10. Teaching children in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of Early Steps Bilingual Preschool
11. Perform all tasks assigned by the Director or Assistant Director/Coordinator
12. Treating all children, families, staff, volunteers and visitors with dignity and respect.
13. Planning activities, which encourage each child's growth emotionally, socially and physically
14. Relating to the needs of each child from a cultural perspective and work with the other children to appreciate their diversity and languages
15. Help children learn resiliency and explore their creativity
Qualifications-must meet one or more of the following
1. B.S. Degree in Early Childhood Education; or B. S. Degree from a four year accredited college or university; 32 hours ECE (for Pre-K or Private Kindergarten)
2 C.D.A and two years Full Time teaching experience
3 Forty-eight semester hours or 72 quarter hours of college credit in a child related field from an accredited college or university and one year of programmatic experience in the group care of children
4 Two years programmatic experience in the group care of children with one year in a supervisory capacity and one-year early childhood certificate from an accredited college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours.
Daily Health Certificate
CPR- First Aid Certificate
Food Handler Certificate
Prepared to submit a physical, TB test screening and drug screening as required.
6 days PTO per year
1 week paid vacation - Summer
1 week winter bonus time off with pay
Federal Holidays off with pay