Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for day care center.
Looking for a caring, energetic, patient, flexible, compassionate individual to become part of our teacher team. We are dedicated to offering the upmost quality of care to our children and families. Individuals should posses at least 1 year experience with children ages 2 years - 5 years old. Must pass background check. Possessing a CPR/First Aid certification is a plus.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children's basic needs by preparing snacks, aid in proper hand washing, and changing their diapers if needed.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, etc.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.
Must have at least 1 year childcare experience.
- At least 18 yrs of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree in Child Related Field or CDA is a plus
Nice To Haves
CPR and First Aid Certification
CDA Child Development Associate
Salary : $11 to $13/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Lynchburg, VA