The Lead Teacher supports the classroom and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. She must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Lead teacher observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Lead Teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
Winfree Memorial Preschool is a Nationally Accredited Preschool which has been serving families in the Midlothian area for over fifty years.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Christ Centered- commits to taking actions that develop a closer walk with Christ through active involvement in a Christian church program.
- Team work and Collaboration-Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Communicates effectively with students and families
- Focus and Drive- Continually seeks opportunities to make improvements
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience or teaching compacity.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Work with preschool age children in volunteer programs
- Work with tutor programs
- Work with children in camp or Bible school programs
- Customer/Human resource work
- Part time position with monthly pay
- Competitive Salary
- Covid-19 job security and pay
- Workmen's Compensation
- On Site Professional Development training
- Educational tuition assistance
- Pastoral Care
- Family like atmosphere
Salary : $16 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Midlothian, VA