The lead pre-k teacher will create a caring and safe environment for the children and creating activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. This person must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the teacher observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. This person will be responsible for implementing Abeka curriculum which is a faith based curriculum, and developmentally appropriate activities based on curriculum and children's interests and needs under the direction of the Director.
- Implement Abeka curriculum and activities, maintain order and structure within the classroom.
- Prepare lesson plans; create an exciting and fun environment for children to learn and develop.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- 2 years of experience as a lead teacher.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Abeka curriculum
- Knowledge of the Bible to teach within the clasroom
- Bachelors degree
- Paid vacation
- Yearly teacher retention grant up to $2000
- Paid holidays
- Possibility for advancement
Minimum Education : Master
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Woodstock, VA