Madison College invites applicants to apply for the position of Child Care & Development Specialist! We are seeking motivated and engaged candidates who share a willingness to collaborate with other staff, students and the community. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to provide for the needs of the children. If you are looking for a fulfilling career that will make you a part of a dynamic and collaborative team, apply now!
Madison College’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College—it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
The Child Care & Development Specialist is responsible for co-planning and implementing developmentally appropriate lessons and child assessments, and maintaining a safe & nurturing environment, in a child care education program for children 2 – 5 years of age at the College’s Child and Family Center. The Specialist may supervise the work (as assigned) of student staff, work study students, student interns, and student teachers. This position also prepares and leads assigned parent/teacher conferences.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of October 16, 2019, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, 25 hours per week, 38 weeks per year position. Monday – Friday between the core hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., some flexibility required.
Interested applicants must apply through the Madison College website: https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Truax-Campus-Madison/Part-time-Child-Care---Development-Specialist_R0002808
This posting may be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within six months of the closing date.
- Implements the educational philosophy of the center by co-planning appropriate learning activities for groups of children in terms of age, group size, composition, etc.
- Provides for the needs of the individual child in relationship to his/her cultural and socio-economic background, emotional and physical make-up, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Sets and maintains clear and reasonable limits in the child care setting (daily schedule, transitions planning, etc).
- Maintains accurate and ongoing child assessment information and documentation for use in lesson planning and parent communication.
- Supports a classroom environment conducive to children’s growth and development.
- Maintains health and safety standards and participates in daily/weekly cleaning of classroom and center (light food prep, sanitizing: tables, toys, bedding, etc).
- Works cooperatively with other staff, as evidenced by exchanging ideas, information, feedback and support.
- Communicates with parents, through informal communication, newsletters, and formal conferences, for the purposes of exchanging information with them about their children’s lives at the center and at home, and maintaining positive rapport.
- Participates in scheduled team meetings.
- Participates in long and short range program planning and evaluation.
- Participates in evaluations of job performances of assigned student staff, work study students, and student teachers/interns.
- Participates in in-service, conferences and workshops, maintaining a minimum of 25 eligible continuing education hours annually.
- Adheres to WI Child Care Licensing legal requirements, City of Madison Accreditation standards, and College policy.
- Assists with snack, lunch and meal preparation/clean-up as assigned.
- Develops, provides and implements creative learning topics
- Demonstrates a commitment to the college values of excellence, respect, and integrity.
- Performs such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the President or designee.
- One year (2,000 hours) of post-secondary education in Early Childhood Development. This includes coursework to meet State of Wisconsin Licensing Standards for an assistant childcare teacher.
- One year (2,000 hours) experience teaching young children in a licensed and city accredited early childhood education setting.
- Experience working with diverse populations of children and families
Nice To Haves
Preferred Associate Degree in Early Childhood Development earned or near completion.
Salary: $19.02 to $23.30/Hr
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Madison, WI