The Preschool Teacher Assistant supports the Teacher in providing a safe and caring learning environment for young children.
- Assists with and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment using appropriate classroom organization, schedules, and routines and effective classroom and child management techniques; provides health and nutrition services for children.
- Assists in implementing developmentally appropriate learning activities for young children based on individual needs in order to advance physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth and development.
- Assists in the provision of parent involvement services consistent with the Parent Involvement/Education Plan and operating policies and procedures.
- Provides transportation services for children and parents consistent with the Transportation Plan and operating policies and procedures.
- Assists in the provision of social services consistent with the Family Services Plan and operating policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates professional behaviors and work habits which comply with agency personnel policies and procedures, and completes special assignments from immediate supervisor or the Head Start Director.
- High School diploma or GED
- Established work history
- Valid Driver's License & ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Be at least 25 years of age (DOT requirement to obtain the CDL)
- Criminal background check (fingerprint, vulnerable person's registry, etc.)
- Ability to pass college coursework and obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) - (provided by employer)
- Physical ability to work with young children - up and down on floor, on and off buses, on playground, lifting up to 50 lbs. to carry a child, move furniture, etc.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with young children in a Licensed Child Care Facility
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), AAS or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Over three weeks of paid leave for winter break, spring break, holidays, etc.
- Sick Leave
- Free health insurance for the individual
- Dental and vision insurance
- Free life insurance equivalent to one's salary
- Retirement contributions by the employer equivalent to 6% of one's salary after one year of employment
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending account
- Training to update and renew skills
Administered by Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC).
CAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Salary : $11.43 to $14.27/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Knoxville, TN