The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Center Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all children within the center's care. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Assistant Director collaborates with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered, and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
- Assume duties of Center Director and Teachers as needed during their absence.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure adherence to quality standards in accordance with Center guidelines and state and local requirements; implement improvements where needed.
- Maintain communication with families and community through appropriate outreach activities.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- 3 - 5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
TECTA offered to earn ECE degree
Ongoing compliance with CDC and Shelby County Health Department
Screening upon arrival and only screened staff and children in building
Masks worn by staff and children ages 3 and up
Bonus Incentive after employment
- Easy outdoor drop-off and pick-up
Kingdom Hearts A Safe Haven For Children To Learn, Dream, And Believe
Salary : $18 to $21/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 4 Yrs
Location : Memphis, TN