We are immediately hiring for childcare workers who love children and love teaching! This is a full time position and the hours are 4 days per week from 6:45am to 5:00pm. If you are reliable, honest, loving, compassionate, patient, and a hard worker, we want to talk to you. Paid vacation & sick time. Paid Holidays and Birthday. Free breakfast, lunch and snack. No weekends! Pay is negotiable and based upon experience.
Must be honest, dependable, compassionate, loving, team player and strong work ethic.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- Dress children and change diapers.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Regulate children's rest periods.
- Follow all COVID-19 guidelines
- Wear a mask or face shield during entire shift.
- Have a High School Diploma
- Have at least (1) year experience in childcare
- Pass a background check through the State of Tennessee
- Pass a random drug screen
Nice To Haves
First Baptist Church Child Development Center (CDC) is a Christ-centered program designed to extend and complement the ministry purposes of First Baptist Church through outstanding child care and education. The mission of the center is to help each child reach his/her potential - physically, mentally, spiritually, socially and emotionally through developmentally appropriate learning centers.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Dickson, TN