Popular, established child care center seeking bus driver. Great job for someone who wants flexible mornings and early afternoon. School year hours are 7:15 to 8:15 and 2:30 to 3:30 Monday-Friday with various hours/field trip driving during school breaks. At least one teacher always rides the bus with the driver.
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Drive diesel powered 72 passenger bus to transport students between child care, schools, and school activities.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Follow safety procedures for vehicle operation.
- Inspect motor vehicles.
- Drive passenger vehicles.
- Report vehicle or equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain professional knowledge or certifications.
- Clean vehicles or vehicle components.
- Read maps to determine routes.
- Receive information or instructions for performing work assignments.
- Notify others of emergencies, problems, or hazards.
- Assist customers to ensure comfort or safety.
- Maintain vehicles in good working condition.
Nice To Haves
- First Aid / CPR (center will help you obtain these certifications)
- CDL B class
- DHS/DOT classes (center will help you obtain these certifications)
You are guaranteed a minimum of three hours of pay on any driving day.
Possibility of Job sharing
Salary : $20 to $25/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Transportation/Logistics
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Nashville, TN