This position serves as Director of Family Services and Health for the Head Start Partner Program and is chiefly responsible for full implementation of all aspects of the Head Start program’s family engagement approach, Shine Families, with the goal of executing high quality two-generation strategies to support the families of young children, build nurturing environments to promote their children’s school readiness and healthy development.
Please apply using the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ACELERO&cws=48&rid=8920
The Director will work in collaboration with others to fulfill the following activities:
- In collaboration with Human Resources and the Director of Strategic Integrations, plan and oversee the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding process of all family service and health staffing positions as identified in the organizational structure, including but not limited to Family and Health Coordinators, Family Advocates, ERSEA Assistant, etc.
- Directly supervise and coach direct reports as well as supporting the supervision and coaching of indirect reporting staff
- Develop systems, with the support of the Director of Family Services and Health Transition, for eligibility, recruitment, selection, and enrollment/intake process for returning and new families, including the development of a comprehensive recruitment plan that will lead to the program becoming fully enrolled.
- Develop, with the support of the Director of Strategic Integrations the internal systems and external partnerships to ensure that all children participating in the program are up-to-date on EPSDT preventive care and follow-up evaluation and treatment and have access to high quality medical and dental homes and health insurance.
- Support the training and partnership development required to conduct on-site health screenings and exams within required HSPS timelines for children lacking community access to these services.
- Ensure all child files are built in accordance with the Head Start program’s table of contents and meet local licensing requirements.
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategic Integrations to plan and implement initial, differentiated, and sequential professional development for family service and health staff that will lead to the successful implementation of the Shine Early Learning Family Services and Health approach, supporting program leadership to utilize the Head Start program’s competency-based Success Rubrics and reflective coaching and supervision models.
- Implement tools, policies and procedures to support program implementation utilizing a stepwise approach during the transitional phases of the program start-up and building upon that to ensure high-quality service delivery.
- Develop Memorandums of Understanding with key community-based organizations that will allow referrals to the HS program, outline available services that will be provided as well as the delineate roles and responsibilities of both organizations.
- Ensure the establishment of Center Parent Committees as well as assist the Head Start Director to form an active Policy Council at the grantee level.
- Support team in the development of a Health Services Advisory Committee.
- Support the quality of family engagement efforts through professional development, supervision and coaching to fully implement the Family Services & Health approach.
- Implement a research based Family Curriculum, Shine On, Families, with a focus on coordination and collaboration with the Early Learning team, that extends the classroom curriculum into the family's home, modeling high quality the adult-child interactions teachers use in their classrooms for families around four Family Life Practices.
- Identify promising strategies to strengthen work and engage in continuous quality improvement processes to strengthen strategy execution and staff capacity to achieve child and family outcomes within vendor programs.
- Monitor the quality and reliability of data at the family, coach, center and program levels. Conduct formal and informal qualitative audits, as well as review data trends to assess execution of program strategies and ensure that program in full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards (HSPS) and The Head Start program’s Integrated Service Plan and Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- Bachelors in Family and Child Development, Social Work, Public Health or relevant field required. Masters preferred
- 3+ years experience in the family and community engagement field, including experience in coaching, supervision, program management and providing technical assistance
- Expertise in community-based interventions to improve outcomes for low-income families and communities, with direct experience developing and implementing program strategies
- Training and experience in public health, nursing, health education, maternal and child health, or health administration.
- Expertise assisting families of young children act as full partners to promote their children’s school readiness and overall healthy development. Expertise in national family engagement models preferred
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Yrs
Location: Louisville, KY