The Director of Analysis is responsible for ensuring that data is effectively used to inform decision-making and direct work throughout the Head Start program. The DA serves on the program’s Leadership Team and is accountable for both ensuring that the data being used in the program is both accurate and timely, and partnering closely with the Director of Strategic Integration to ensure that the data is effectively utilized and integrated by the management team to drive compliance and quality. The Director of Analysis oversees the management and implementation of Shine Early Learning’s child information database, Shine Insight, for tracking, reporting and analyzing information about children and families. The DA is responsible for training staff on the use of data, providing technical support for data system users, ensuring the accuracy of data, and reporting and analyzing information.
Please apply directly using the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ACELERO&cws=48&rid=8921
- Embodies the Shine Early Learning mission and values of:
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Proactive Problem-Solving
- Open Communication, and
- Analyzes programmatic data and identifies trends that affect compliance, programmatic quality and outcomes.
- Effectively communicates data-informed programmatic insights to a range of audiences, including Leadership Team members. Supports staff’s understanding of and engagement with data and reports.
- Coordinates with other leadership to provide necessary data and evidence for the program’s self-assessment process.
- Works in coordination with the Leadership Team to carry out monitoring and quality improvement activities.
- Provides in-house expertise, training, and technical support to end-users on Shine Early Learning’s child information database, Shine Insight; record-keeping systems; and other analytic questions.
- Prepares quantitative and other reports and data presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Establishes systems to drive work management and data clean-up prior to major reporting deadlines, in collaboration with other Service Area leads.
- Facilitates professional development trainings to support data-informed decision-making.
- Coordinates the design of systems to resolve complex programmatic and management challenges.
- All other duties that may be assigned.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Educational industry experience is a plus. Pre-K or previous Head Start experience even better.
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
- Demonstrated data analysis experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets to analyze data and/or prepare data visualizations, strongly preferred.
- Experience administering and/or training others on software systems is a plus.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, efficiently organize and communicate effectively with multiple teams and off-site supervisors
- Ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and the ability to use data to make decisions.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, KY