This position serves as a Health Coordinator for a Head Start program. The Health Coordinator plans and collaborates with other coordinators and staff in the Head Start program to ensure the health and well-being of all children in the Head Start program.
Please apply directly using the link : https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ACELERO&cws=48&rid=8924
The Health Coordinator will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Shine Early Learning employees.
Health Services: Integrates knowledge of evidence-based practices to promote child and family health and wellness to build a health program that:
- Helps staff and families understand the relationship between child and family health and children’s school readiness outcomes
- Develops strategies to address the health disparities in low-income communities, particularly related to common chronic health conditions such as asthma, obesity, and lead exposure
- Engages families as leaders in building a program environment that promotes health and wellness
- Develops community partnerships to assure that children and family’s preventive and health treatment needs are met, and that secures long-term relationships for families to providers who will support their children’s long term health and well-being
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree with training and/or experience in public health, nursing, health education, maternal and child health, or health administration.
- RN or MPH preferred.
- Experience working with families of children 0-5 in low-income communities supporting their health and wellness preferred
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Yrs
Location: Louisville, KY