The Family Services Coordinator is primarily responsible for achieving the following outcomes for the Head Start program:
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Family Services and Health/Deputy Director and network family services leadership to develop, implement and refine Shine Early Learning’s family service approach in order to promote family outcomes that support children’s school readiness and well-being
- Coach and provide supervisory guidance to Family Services team members in order to strengthen staff capacity and move staff towards mastery in core competencies included in the Family Advocate Success Rubric
- Build a team that works collaboratively with early learning, MH and Disabilities and Health and Nutrition staff in order to enhance family life practices and circumstances that promote child development and well-being
- Maintain qualitative and quantitative quality improvement and monitoring systems in order to ensure that program strategies are executed with reliability, fidelity and quality
Please apply directly using the link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ACELERO&cws=48&rid=8923
The Family Services Coordinator’s responsibilities chiefly fall under the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
- ERSEA (Eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance)
- Outcomes-Based Family Services
- Promote Family Life Practices to Close the Achievement Gap
- Promote Family Self-Sufficiency
- Support Families of Children with Chronic Health Conditions and Special Needs
- Support Vulnerable Families
- Competency-Based Assessment, Coaching, and Supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Family and Child Development, Public Health, Social Work or related field. Masters preferred.
- At least 3 years experience working with diverse families in low income communities, with supervisory responsibilities
- Background and experience executing evidence-based strategies to strengthen outcomes for children and families
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Yrs
Location: Louisville, KY