The Family Advocate is responsible for engaging all families to partner with us to promote children’s healthy development and school readiness. The Family Advocate uses knowledge of the principles of family engagement to support families in their roles as their child’s primary educator, encourage parent/child interactions that promote children’s school readiness and healthy development, and enhance family well-being. In this role, the Family Advocate will provide more intensive and targeted support to vulnerable families and families of children with chronic health conditions and special needs in order to assure that our engagement strategies meet their specialized needs.
Please apply directly using this link: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ACELERO&cws=48&rid=8926
The Family Advocate’s responsibilities primarily fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks based upon program needs:
- Promote Family Environments that Enhance Children’s Development
- Support Families to Meet Self-Identified Goals and Needs
- Engage Families To Support One Another
- Enhance Program Collaboration
- Maintain Accurate and Timely Record Keeping and Reporting
- Eligibility, Selection and Enrollment
- Service Coordination
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field preferred, OR AA or BA in another field with a commitment to complete Family Services/Certificate/Credential within 18 months of hire. We will also consider candidates with a High School Diploma with 3 years experience working in the community with families and a completed Family Development Certificate or Credential
- Experience, training, and skill assisting the parents of young children to advocate for their families
- Experience working in low income diverse communities preferred
- A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high-quality family engagement
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Must have reliable personal transportation as travel from site to site is required.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation.
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Louisville, KY