WARMING CENTER COORDINATOR – NEKCA in St. Johnsbury is seeking a Warming Center Coordinator. This is a temporary/part-time position (4.5 hrs./wk., 13 wks./yr.). The St. Johnsbury Community Warming Center, a day center, will be operating out of the United Community Church. The Warming Center Coordinator is responsible for coordinating volunteers for the center, coordinating food deliveries, creating a safe space for all occupants, and for working with community partners to provide services to center occupants. Will work closely with transitional housing staff at NEKCA to assure that those who are homeless will be connected with NEKCA services and community resources.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email provided; FAX to 802-334-5249; or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.
• Staff the center alongside a volunteer from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• Work closely with Warming Center supervisor to ensure daily operations are running smoothly
• Work with NEKCA’s Transitional Housing staff when working with community members who are experiencing homelessness
• Create and encourage a healthy space while being responsible for overall safety and functions at the center
• Responsible for opening and locking the warming center
• Coordinate volunteers to help staff the center alongside Warming Center Coordinator
• Coordinate food being received from community members
• Set up tables and chairs for breakfast, set up games, and keep space clean
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Must comply with NEKCA policies if hired.
• Required to authorize and pass NEKCA’s criminal record check process
• Mental Health and/or Human Service background/experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• High level of understanding of area resources and barriers
• Superior communication skills, with a focus on direct and honest feedback