We are seeking to add a Cook IMMEDIATELY.
The Cook position is responsible to prepare and cook large quantities of food for breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.
We value your motivation to succeed! If you want to join a center where you will make a difference, you've found it with us! If this sounds like a place where you would like to contribute to the care of our students by providing healthy nutritional meals, please reply and submit your resume.
A little about who we are, we refuse to be just another daycare - in addition to providing excellent pre-school training for children, we want to help parents, staff and our community to excel.
- We create an environment that enables children to learn and grow through play.
- We place emphasis on the whole child, developing their social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language skills.
- It is our privilege to partner with parents to love, nurture and train their children. We approach every aspect of our childcare with this in mind.
- We work very hard to be the VERY BEST preschool in our area !!!
$2,000 sign on bonus paid at 30 days of employment.
- Clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Plan, prepare and cook food according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and numbers of portions to be served.
- Plate and serve food and beverages to students within scheduled times.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, or other cooking equipment according to Health Department procedures.
- Take inventory of food and supplies to be used for shopping.
- Scheduled work hours are 8:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Ability to plan, prepare and cook large quantity of food.
- Ability to serve meals within a scheduled time.
- Clean and maintain kitchen appliances, equipment and dishes.
- Good communication skills to plan supplies with Director and schedules with classroom teachers.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Previous experience for cooking for 50 plus servings.
- Experience with Health Department kitchen guidelines.
Find out more about who we are at www.leaps-n-bounds.com
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN