The Head Start Director (Center-Based) is responsible for the dynamic roles of strategic planning and innovation within the center-based Head Start program, as well as operational planning and follow-through. The Head Start Director is key to ensuring successful and high-quality Early Head Start and Head Start classrooms throughout the program. The Head Start Director also plans and collaborates with both the child care center Head Start staff and 4-C staff to ensure effective and efficient operations across the Head Start service areas within the center-based programs and across the Head Start partnership as a whole. This is a fantastic opportunity for an educational leader to be part of a dynamic team and play a key role in leading a growing organization that has a tremendous impact on Head Start children.
The Head Start Director systematically collects and analyzes data as the basis for decision making for program improvement to accomplish the following:
- Provides individual and group support for Head Start coaches in implementing educational initiatives and coaching.
- Supervises and coaches the 4-C Head Start team.
- Plans and implements comprehensive, differentiated and sequential professional development for the Head Start team.
- Plans and oversees on-boarding Early Learning and Inclusion Specialist and Head Start Coaches.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other service area leadership and initiatives to ensure: 1) Timely and appropriate support for children with atypical needs; and 2) Parent education and outreach activities are consistent with education goals and activities.
- Consistently contributes to delegate, network and professional excellence through productive leadership and participation in: 1) Delegate planning and leadership (1:1 with DDHSS, policy council relations, leadership team meetings); 2) Participates in 4-C network leadership and collaboration meetings; 3) Tracks, monitors and ensures all Education and Disabilities/Mental Health Roadmap milestones are achieved and Transition Rubric benchmarks are met; and 4) External community relationships (LEAs, CBOs, higher education, NHSA, state agencies, policymakers).
- Ensures fiscal management by monitoring educational expenditures.
- Communicates with leadership on programmatic status, updates and any concerns regarding the classroom staff or facilities.
- Provide training to staff on education model and practices.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least six (6) courses in early childhood education and experience teaching preschool-aged children OR state awarded preschool teaching certification with experience teaching preschool-aged children; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience supervising and coaching teachers and education leaders; experience with early childhood education and special education strongly preferred.
- Background in Special Education/Inclusion and prior Head Start / Early Head Start experience highly preferred.
- Experience with Creative Curriculum model and Teaching Strategies, GOLD assessment system. Reliable in CLASS, ITERS-R, and ECERS-R.
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 30% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications and other basic data systems including internet navigation.
Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines.
Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Community Coordinated Child Care, Inc. (4-C) offers competitive salaries and benefits that include:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Community Coordinated Child Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Salary: $70,000 to $75,000/Yr
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Yrs
Location: Louisville, KY