Seeking an experienced, early education professionals to pursue their calling in our NAEYC accredited, Georgia 3-Star Quality Rated program. Low teacher to child ratios, generous supply budget, supportive management, and a great mission have 97% of our staff stating they would recommend us as a place to work. Must love children! The Children's Development Academy (CDA), nonprofit provides affordable early learning programs and childcare for preschool children in the metro Atlanta area. The CDA prepares children for success in education and life. Candidates should embody the qualities of a great teacher assistant- dependable, caring, responsible, open to learning, and have a genuine love for working with children. But above all, we are seeking someone who works best in a collaborative environment. We have a Lead Toddler Teacher openings in our 2-year-old preschool classroom.
The Teacher is responsible for developing the weekly curriculum, assess the children's developmental growth, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the two-year-old classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
Hours: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Pay: Based on Experience AND Education Level ( BA or BS; Preferably in Early Childhood Education or Masters Degree)
- Actively engage and use positive communication with the children during all daily activities to promote learning through play and reinforce positive behavior.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum for the two-year-old class by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies, NAEYC regulations, and Quality Rated guidelines are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment, maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children, including but not limited to potty training.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files - such as children's attendance.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- MUST currently possess a Bachelors Degree Diploma And have at least one to two years of experience working with Toddlers in a licensed child development facility as a Lead Teacher
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear a Nationwide Comprehensive background check and must pass Drug Test.
- Ability to kneel, squat, sit on floor, run, dance; on a daily basis and carry up to 70lbs if needed.
Nice To Haves
- Bilingual in either Spanish or Portuguese is a plus but not required
Why Work at CDA:
- We focus on literacy based programming and individualized activities with the assistance of an on-site Literacy Coach and the support of a Family Advocate.
- We have well-stocked classrooms and promote a collaborative environment.
- We use a creative Curriculum, lap top, and iPod in each class.
- We provide Benefits (Short & Long Term Disability, Vision, Dental, & IRA w/ 3% matching funds).
- We get PTO- 10 days paid time off, plus the week of Christmas is paid & major holidays.
- We promote teachers continuing education by providing tuition reimbursement for higher education in Early Childhood Education.
- We have a wellness program to provide a healthy lifestyle through free on site weekly Zumba & Yoga classes and a $50 raffle prize for healthy initiatives.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Roswell, GA