Precious Gems Learning Academy is currently seeking qualified, caring, and energetic teachers for our Toddler and Preschool Classes. The Toddler and Preschool teachers are responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in their care, which may include infants, toddlers and/or preschool age children; develops partnerships with birth parents/child’s caregivers to engage and encourage parent participation in program. All teachers are also responsible for assuring compliance with codes of all State and local governing contracting agencies; and works collegially with other staff members of Precious Gems Learning Academy.
- Operate the classroom in compliance with all Bright From the Start child care licensing standards, and Precious Gems Learning Academy Employee and Policy Handbooks.
- Must have a warm and supportive attitude and disposition toward working with children and their families.
- Create an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure.
- Initiate classroom activities daily based on curriculum (sing-a-longs, art projects, sensory exploration, outdoor/indoor stimulation).
- Use equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly.
- Must be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to changes in the program.
- Must be willing to accept supervision in order to improve work performance.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to perform the job of a teacher of young children.
- Possess a CDA, Associate’s degree in early childhood education or child development; or a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development or a child related field.
- Child Development Associate, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in teaching capacity and lesson planning.
- Strong classroom management and organizational skills.
- Passion for working with children and a commitment to building positive relationships with families and the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Work a schedule between 6:30 am - 6:30 pm and up to 40 hours a week.
Salary: $10 to $12/Hr
Location: Smyrna, GA