· Planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the school.
· Gearing the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interests, handicaps, special talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
· Considering individual children in relationship to their cultural and socioeconomic background.
· Treating children with dignity and respect.
· Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
· Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
· Conducting parent conferences on children’s school adjustment and classroom behavior.
· Assisting the Director in explaining the program to visitors.
· Assisting the Director in supervising the teaching staff and in ensuring the smooth coordination of all classroom activities and staff and student interrelationships.
· Assisting the Director in teacher-training activities, teaching demonstrations, and staff evaluations.
· Assisting the staff in the effective use of parent assistants.
· Assisting the Director in the ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the developmental levels of the children.
· Assisting the Director and staff in parent-school relationships.
· Attending all staff meeting sand recommended training programs and being responsible for one in-service staff meeting each school year.
· Attending meetings and conferences of professional organizations appropriate for nursery school educators, sometimes as a representative of the school in place of the Director.
Provide lead supervision for students students daily
Ensure classroom is in compliance with BFTS Standards
Create and implement Lesson Plan that is aligned to GELDs and the high Scope Curriculum
Assessed Students weekly and Quarterly
Provide leadership for classroom management,routine care and transition as aligned with Quality Rated Standards
Conduct Parent Conferences three time per year
Provide age appropriate activities, interventions, and interactions with students daily
TCC, CDA, or an AA in Early Childhood Education or related field of study
1 year experience working as a Lead Teacher for Birth - 4 years old students
Must have satisfactory comprehensive Criminal Clarence Letter from BFTS
5 hours of the Basic child care training and Health & Safety Orientation Training
1 year experience working in Quality Rated Center
Child care scholarships and employee discounts