Oconee Preschool Academy has immediate openings for full time, part-time and substitute teachers. We are looking for energetic, nurturing teachers to provide care and activities for children ages infants - 12 years old. OPA has two locations in the Watkinsville area and we are hiring for both locations. Full time positions are Monday - Friday, hours vary depending on classroom and position but typically 35-40 per week. Part-time positions are Monday - Friday and range from 1:00 or 2:00 pm until 6:30 pm. Substituting is based on your availability and is often more flexible but must have a minimum availability of 15 hours per week. Resumes welcome via Indeed or email but MUST still apply in person at 1890 Mars Hill Road OR 1420 Greensboro Hwy, Watkinsville GA.
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1 year professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Lead teachers need a minimum of CDA, TCC or Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
PTO after waiting period, includes holiday & vacation.
Fun, friendly, team oriented work environment.
Salary: $9 to $14/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Watkinsville, GA