At the Academy of Little Vikings the Food Service Coordinator supervises food preparation and serves meals and snacks to center children and staff. The Food Service Coordinator is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness, inventory and safety of kitchen.
Job Duties Include:
- Plan menus in accordance with nutritional guidelines and food restrictions.
- Prepare, cook and deliver meals.
- Maintain hygiene and safety of kitchen in according with state licensing requirements.
- Order food and related supplies to ensure a well-stocked kitchen.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Applicants must have: ·
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- Basic math skills for measuring and portioning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, professional and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening
Nice To Haves
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food service; preferably in child care or institutional setting.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Supplementary Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Salary: $12 to $14/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Mount Horeb, WI